Saturday, 8 June 2013

Australia Map Printable

During our Australia Unit, we had been learning about Australia States and Territories and the capital cities of Australia. I was unable to find a map that wasn't covered in busy details so we made our own. 
  
After being asked how we made our map, I've been able to make a rough copy of our Australia Map to share with you all. We used different coloured paper for each state and territory and joined them together with glue.

We also made ourselves some topic cards such as the ones below. We used these cards to place on our map to name the states and territory. 

We also made these cards for each capital city of Australia to put onto our map as we learnt about each capital city.
 

We made some state and territory flags that we use to put onto our Australia map. We also used these flags as we recorded the information we learnt about each state and territory on our Australia State Information Sheet.

You can download our Australian States and Territory name cards, capital city cards and state flags from here.If you would like more activity ideas that focus on Australia, visit my pinterest board.


This blog post has been featured on:
http://aussiehomeschool.com.au/aussie-homeschool-blog-post-round/

10 comments:

  1. Thankyou Suzie! My DD will love this Aussie craft activity of the colourful States :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog. As an Australian living in the United States and homeschooling two preschoolers, it's always wonderful to find another Australian blog to follow! I've subscribed in both Bloglovin and gReader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! So glad you've found me! I will pop over and have a read of your blog.

      Delete
  3. My children have each chosen a place they want to learn more about and my five year old has chosen Australia. She takes after her mom :) I've always wanted to go to Australia! Maybe some day we will make a trip there together :)

    Thank you for providing this great resource for me to use with her this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome! I have lots of Australian resources that I am slowly adding to my blog so do come back and check from time to time. Australia is just beautiful so I do hope you can come a visit my beautiful country one day :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, what did you find best? Printing A4 or A3?

    ReplyDelete